Legal Services in New Zealand
Please download a copy of our Information for Clients. If you cannot obtain a copy, please let us know and we will send this to you by another means.
Terms of Engagement.
- These additional Terms of Engagement apply when we provide New Zealand Barrister and Solicitor (Lawyer) services. See our main conditions as well.
- We will keep your information confidential to the extent required by law and by the Law Society’s Rules of Conduct and Client Care for Lawyers.
- Our duty of care is to you and not to any other person. Before any other person may rely on our advice, we must expressly agree to this.
- We have procedures in place to identify and respond to conflicts of interest. If a conflict of interest arises we will advise you of this and follow the requirements and procedures set out in the Law Society’s Rules of Conduct and Client Care for Lawyers. To the extent that our Standard Terms of Engagement are inconsistent with these conflict rules, the Law Society’s Rules of Conduct and Client Care for Lawyers will prevail.
- We may terminate our retainer in any of the circumstances set out in the Law Society’s Rules of Conduct and Client Care for Lawyers.
6. Trust Accounts
a. Acacia Legal no longer operates a trust account. As such, no trust funds will be accepted.
Effective from 24 October 2011